Thursday 27 November 2014

Prof. Hamdesa Tuso’s invitation for acknowledgement

Dear all,
OVR, 26 November 2014
My name is Hamdesa Tuso. I am an Oromo who currently teach at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. On this Saturday, November 29th, I will be speaking at an Oromo gathering at the Oromo Center in St.Paul/Minneapolis.
During my speech, I plan to take a few minutes and acknowledge the sacrifices and contributions of many Oromos who have made to advance Oromo cause and helped me along the way at different periods in my life and with various projects over the span of fifty five years period.
(a) My involvement in Arsi Basic Schools Movement (ABSM): Individuals to be acknowledged:
Pastor Tigro Ganamo
Butta Barriso
Fesse Hayato
Dr. Sayefus Sukare
Others – the local leadership – who made critical contributions:
Obbo Ukaa Kojii
Obbo Tufa Kojii (postmortem)
Obbo Badhasso Felema (postmortem)
(b) My involvement and working history with the Oromos in Minneapolis and persons who supported my humble efforts during the 1980s: individuals to be acknowledged.
Obbo Teferi Fufa
Obbo Stiphanos Maddaa
Obbo Daniel Namara
Obbo Ibrahim Mume
During 1990s and the first two decades in the 21st Century: individuals to be acknowledged:
Obbo Lencho Bati
Obbo Marcos Bakuto
Dr. Mohammed Ali
Obbo Nuro Dadefo
Obbo Said Ali
Dr. Tadesse Eba
The individuals whose names listed above currently reside in the Twin Cities and area. Since I have not been to St. Paul/Minneapolis for a long time, I do not have the contact information (e. g. phone numbers, e-mail addresses) for above listed individuals. Thus, I am using this forum to personally invite them to come to the gathering on November 29 the Oromo Center in St. Paul/Minneapolis so that I can personally acknowledge their contributions to the Oromo cause and also thank them for supporting me in my humble efforts.
For two the great Oromos who are no longer with us (Obbo Tufa and Obbo Badhadasso), I would like to invite their children, who reside in the Twin Cities to come and accept my acknowledgement and my sincere thanks.
My love and respect to all Oromos who reside in the Twin Cities.
Most sincerely,
Hamdesa Tuso

No comments:

Post a Comment